in a messenger conversation with reeves about an rss reader he’s trying that does favorites as an rss feed (and let’s you access them from a toolbar), i got inspired and started rooting around trying to find something to fill the “syncronized favorites” void in my life.
it appears that others are looking for the same thing.
i looked at a pile of ‘services’ and decided against them on the basis that 90% had popups and the other 10% timed out…
i looked at sourceforge and uncovered sitebar. it looks like it’ll serve my purpose well.
i imported an old (read unclean) bookmarks.htm from my work machines instance of ie. it renders nicely and after a reg hack to add a “sitebar” button to ie in lieu of the “favorites” star, i’m happy.
by the time you read this, hopefully it won’t be a mangy old list of outdated rc stuff. 😉