i wondered what i could have bought for $40 million. a big party, or…
- buy 60 ferrari enzos (and gas) or 4790 Kia Rios
- hire lawyers to file 2000 patents
- completely finance 209 frozen yogurt franchises (and have enough to buy yogurt for your neighbors)
- get 50,000 botox treatments on your forehead
- spend 3595.5 years at louisburg college, including room and board (or 891.8 at harvard)
- burn 8,620,689 acres of grassland
- go to space
- 4000 prosthetic legs (maybe for victims of our habit of leaving land mines all over the world?)
- 80160 mini macs
- more than 8 sony jumbotrons (or 4000 used ones)
- 4000 kilograms of crack cocaine (if you’re willing to bargain shop)
how much cash is that, anyway? it’s this much: times 40.
i find it really offensive that this much was spent on the inauguration. note that clinton’s cost $29.6M. i’m not making a political statement, just wishing we would use the $ for something useful for someone. ok, so my suggestions aren’t useful… fine.