i’m sitting in the san jose airport waiting for a delayed flight to seattle. my work mail is syncing slowly, so i decided to clean up my personal inbox. doing so, i noticed a trend.
i’ve received a relatively large number of messages from people that read similar to: “hey, how’ve you been? haven’t talked to you in awhile. life’s good here (insert details). i ran across your blog. how’s your health?”
i’m horrible about replying to personal email. i get distracted with things that aren’t nearly as important and lose the mail behind a few hundred pieces of spam. i think i need to adopt some work habits for my personal mail. in the short term, i’ll post here and reply to these people that think i’m ignoring them.
having tapered off to a slow trickle of posts, there’s alot of “big” or “important” life events that have passed unmentioned:
- i’m engaged to a beautiful woman, katherine brown, i met through work. wedding isn’t until sept. of 2009, mostly because we’ve been busy with the rest of this list
- we moved to duvall, washington, a town of ~7000 people
- we bought a 3 bed, 2 bath house on 15 acres.
- kat is working in redmond, i haven’t changed jobs and am still working in microsoft’s silicon alley campus. i fly alot.
- my kids still live in idaho falls, id. celeste turned 8 a couple weekends ago and eva turns 4 in march. did i mention that i fly alot?
on the health front, in short, i still have barrett’s and am looking for a gastroenterologist up here. the aciphex has done a pretty good job of controlling symptoms (and further damage), as long as i’m careful about what and when i eat. i’ll post more on this, later this weekend.